Starfish Swim Instructor Course
Starfish swimming is a nationally recognized swim instructor curriculum developed by the Starfish Aquatics Institute. The Starfish Swimming curriculum is designed for students ages 6-months to adult.
Benchmarksare established at each stage in the program that combine both swimming and safety sills. Students participate in experiential learning activities that allow them to explore the water in a creative and comfortable environment. Correct swimming techniques are taught from the very beginning, providing an easy transition to swim team or lifetime fitness swimming.
Starfish Swim Instructor Information:
- Candidates must pay the appropriate course tuition fee prior to the beginning of the class (Course fees are non-refundable.)
- All candidates must pass a prerequisite skill test to continue in the training class.
- Candidates must be 16 years of age or older and attend all sessions.
- Candidates must score 80% or better on a written exam, pass a technical performance and simulation
- Starguard® certification is valid for one (1) year.